Monday, June 23, 2008

The Rock Cycle

Turning to stone was a painful process, but a long and steady one. It was accompanied with changes to my environment and changes to my mind. It affected my relationships and it affected my school work. Its not easy turning to solid rock. Theres a lot of different elements involved in the process, and it takes extremely hot temperatures to make the change ultimately go into affect. And the process seemed to never-end, now that I look back in retrospection.

It affected every area of my life. Heres how: With my relationships, particularly the one with my mother who was the closer figure of authority to me. I became hardened toward her, which many people say is true of children. They negate their mothers affection with vengeance and resentment, only to feel guilty about their childish actions at a later time. Funny thing was, my mother did everything for me and I began to get hostile with her, and with myself and my family. When it came to my father, who, although he might have made guest appearances, I was always a little warmed by his presence. Like a piece of the puzzle of my life had been lost and occasionally it would return to help me feel complete again.

No comments: