Monday, July 11, 2011

The Black Box: Learning From the Aftermath of a Failed Relationship

The Plane Crashed, but the black box remains...

Sometimes relationships can end up like planes crippled by an accident. Break up's can be devastating to our psyche's and damaging to our mind, body, and soul.
Looking back over the aftermath that has claimed hearts, it's very important to review the contents of your Black Box to see where things went wrong, and how you can avoid any other disasters in the future.

Though time and space can seperate you from your past relationships, the Black Box can never be destroyed. The memory of its contents is sealed indellibly upon your brains, and in your fleshy parts, forever. It revitalizes itself with each story of the aftermath that is told to others. It is there.

The Plane crashed, but the Black box remains...
The pains gone, but the blueprints the same...

As in any tragic loss, eventualy, we will get over the painful feelings associated with the hurt of ending a relationship, but we can't forget the lessons that we have learned from the experience that we've been through. These lessons will help us to avoid further pain in the future.

The Black Box tells the story of the relationship, it gives vital information about who was involved in the relationship, what the philosphy of the relationship was (if it had a philosophy at all) and what the culture of the relationship entailed, the duration of the relationship, the errors that led up to the devastation, and the actual devastation that caused the relationship to end.

This post has inspired me to write a poem about loving, and losing. It's entitled "Black Box"


Black Box
The plane crashed, but the black box remains,
The pains gone but the blueprints the same.
Love me, until you drive me insane...
Leave me, like the sunshine does to leaves when it rains....
Love me in vain
Give me a baby, but don't give it your name..

Who am I fooling? I knew you were lame.
I blame myself in this blame game
I should have exited stage left after I came

Show's over now, stand tall, take a bow....
leave with a standing ovation, you're star of this one man show now...
milked me like a cow, you'll reap what you sow
I loved you like a sinner saint loves hoes
down deeper and still below
I wonder if you'll ever know
Just how much I loved you so......

The plane crashed
But the Black Box remained.

5 comments:

Stone Therapy said...

I dont have any babies, but I thought about someone who has loved and lost....and had a baby with someone that they used to love before.

Kev Prosper said...

http://j.mp/dF4bJS

I never looked at it like that. What can we learn from the black box?

Stone Therapy said...

we can learn alot from the black box. its vital information, and in most cases, the only clues that we have as to what caused the devastation.

D Gemini said...

This was Nice. I like that someone had the time to tell others about taking that accountability and really looking at what may have been wrong and then using it to avoid future crashes for the same cause.

welcometomycouch said...

I can only respect the abstract way that you explain never giving up on love. In life some things work, and some things may not. However, when things don't work doesn't mean that we should lose our core. We all have the gift of love within us, to be shared. Yes, we do want someone to give us in return the love that we extend. I want to love as well. In the redundancy of unfortunate failure and the almost slim search for the potential loves, we have to have faith. Because in the end, relationships mail fail, but love always remains. The poetry was beautiful. Just another extension of a perfect love.